The Churchill School and Center is seeking an Educational Technology Specialist to work primarily in the Elementary and Middle School. This is a full-time, 10-month position that begins on August 19, 2019. The Technology Teacher reports to the Director of Technology, and works closely with the Educational Technology Coordinator, faculty, students, and administration to support and enhance the use of technology in the classroom.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Embrace and model Churchill’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
● Work collaboratively with faculty to integrate technology into curricula to enhance instruction and learning
● Teach technology classes
● Work one-on-one with students in need of training in assistive technology
● Develop and lead professional development sessions for faculty
● Train students, faculty, and administration to use available software and hardware
● Keep up to date with current trends in technology in schools
● Attend regular planning meetings with teaching teams and provide technology updates and extension ideas
● Investigate innovative technologies and applications for implementation in the classroom
● Meet regularly with technology team
● Develop an after-school program in robotics, 3D design/printing, and/or other topics
● Collaboratively examine and develop future technology curriculum
● Spearhead the expansion of our Makerspace program
The ideal candidate is organized, thoughtful, and possesses the strong interpersonal skills necessary to assist students and faculty members. They should have experience with macOS, iOS, and Google Apps for Education, and experience developing and leading professional development sessions for faculty. They are flexible and open to learning new skills and able to adapt to the changing nature of technology in schools.
A bachelor’s degree and classroom experience are required. Experience with students with learning disabilities and NYS teaching certification are preferred.
Qualified and interested applicants should send a current resume, references, and a cover letter outlining all experience relative to the position. Send in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Churchill works to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. Please include your thoughts and experiences on the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion in a school setting and offer an example of your work with students through an equity lens.
The Churchill School and Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical challenge, national or ethnic origin, ancestry or any other characteristic. Churchill is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color, as well as candidates from under-represented groups.
Mission Statement The Churchill School and Center, a K-12 coeducational college-preparatory day school, is dedicated to working collaboratively with students, educators, and families to help children with language-based learning disabilities realize their full potential. By building upon their strengths, we provide a rigorous program that teaches children perseverance, resilience, and the importance of self-awareness and self-advocacy. We prepare our children to become courageous, confident, productive, and caring people who will embrace the challenges and opportunities of the 21st century. Tolerance, respect, and active engagement are hallmarks of our intentionally diverse community. The Churchill School and Center recognizes its responsibility to the wider educational community and is committed to remaining a leader in its field.